Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Journal Entry 1

My name is Moses Roper unfortunate I was born a slave in Caswwell County, North Carolina. My master was my father also and my mother was just like the rest of us, a slave. After my father/master died me and my mother was sold to different slave owners. I was sent to Georgia, since it was hard for me to be sold due to the fact that I was half white and half black I was left no option but to be place in boarding house in Washington. First I started as a house, working as a doctor and tailor. But eventually I was sold again to a slave owner by the name of Gooch. I tried numerous times to escape due to the poor treatment and lack of food but each time I was caught and beaten bad. After I escaped I managed to find my mother but once again I was recaptured and given 200 whip lashes to the back. How bad I was treated, I never stop and let them break me down. When emancipation was passed, I was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment